Now get your traffic challans on your mobile and pay your e-challan online through Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website or PayTM.
The traffic violation fines have gone up to ₹10,000 to ensure that more and more people follow traffic rules on the road. Drivers are rushing to get necessary documents complete to avoid hefty challans. The government has also enforced the e-Challan system to reduce paperwork and make traffic law enforcement system more efficient.
The Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari told in the Rajya Sabha that e-Challan system has been implemented in 15 states in India. These include Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Puducherry.
Under this, the defaulters can conveniently pay their fine through a dedicated online portal. It also helps to keep track of the number of traffic violations including drunk driving, over speeding and jumping the red light among others.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched an exclusive website that is live nationwide and allows defaulters to pay their eChallans online. You can make the payment of your eChallan of any state of India through this website.
In addition, different states and cities have rolled different websites for the payment of eChallans. All the websites across different regions have a similar procedure of payment. Here is how you can make the payment of eChallan conveniently.
Pay your Traffic eChallan through Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Website
- Log on to https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/.
- Click on Check Challan Status.
- You can then check the challan status – using vehicle number, using challan number or using the driving licence number.
- In case there is a valid e-challan against your credentials, the website will display the challan status and if it is unpaid, you will see the option for payment.
- After you click 'Pay Now', the website will redirect you to your state’s e-challan website to finish the payment.
- The challan can be paid using your credit/debit card or Internet banking.
- The portal also allows you to check previously made payments.
Pay your Traffic eChallan through PayTM
If your eChallan is from Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, Faridabad, Maharashtra, or Telangana, then you can conveniently make the payment through PayTM’s mobile app or website.
- Just click on the eChallan payment page on Paytm (either app or website).
- Select the relevant eChallan authority.
- Enter your eChallan number, licence plate number, or a driving license number to search for your valid eChallans.
- If there is an eChallan, it will show the details and provide the option to process the payment.
Digital India is all about making everything easier for the citizens, saving their time and escaping long queues at Government authorities and offices. Here is one more example of progress.